Hi Parents!
It has been a while since I updated the blog. We have been very busy learning and working hard.
In math we have been learning place value, math vocabulary, problem solving, and different adding strategies. This week we begin a chapter on subtraction.
In reading we just finished the unit on kindness. We also learned about nouns, verbs, complete sentences, and we also practiced reading fluently.
We have worked on social skills like listening politely, waiting for our turns, and using good manners.
Our new reading unit is called "Let's Explore." Please help your child find something they would like to explore, or something in nature that interests them. You can also help them formulate questions about exploration. Anything you help your child with will be put on our question/concept board. Please help your child think about exploring things by helping him/her make a picture or a question about our unit theme. Our "Big Idea" concept is, "What did you discover outside today?" Autumn is a fun time to look under leaves, in bushes, and in the eaves of your house for insects. It is also interesting to watch animals to see what they do to get ready for winter.
The lunch menus for the next few weeks are:
Oct 12: Spaghetti and meat sauce, tossed salad, wheat roll, fruit cocktail, and milk
Oct 13: Turkey wrap, baked beans, banana, and milk.
Oct 14: Curly macaroni and cheese, green beans, roll, angel food cake with strawberries, and milk.
Oct 18: Chili, crackers, corn, applesauce, cinnamon roll, and milk
Oct 19: Corn dog, fries, carrot sticks, cake with cherries, and milk.
Oct 20: Beef tacos, cheese stick, salsa, spanish rice, pears, and milk.
Oct 21: Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes with gravy, roll, fruit cocktail, milk.
Oct 22: Hamburger with bun, baked potato, strawberry jello, and milk.
Don't forget our school carnival. It was SO much fun last year, and I have heard through the grape vine that this year will be even better. Please plan on attending. Please volunteer if you can.
I love every single student in my class! For this blog I will not highlight any of them, though. Check back soon for reasons why I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
just wanted to let you know that I checked it out. Thanks for all you do!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking in, and thanks for all YOU do!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love and know most of the students in your class too!! I look forward to meeting the ones I don't know in November when I can come in and help.
ReplyDeleteCamille
We can't wait to have you come in and help, too, Camille! We do have a fun class!
ReplyDelete